Terbaru Dari Betol-betol Hangat!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Plain Contest - The Hunger Games

14th March 2012 - 7.31 pm

Earlier today, I was tagged in one of my Facebook friend's status update, and the update was about a contest. Being a contest lover (not really, just specific ones), I finally joined it. :)

8TV Nitelive - The Hunger Games Contest! Click HERE or at the picture to join.

Truth being told, I have never heard of this movie, heck, not even the books before! Realizing I have zero intelligence on the movie, I went looking for it online, which I regret later because I now know the ending of the movie. :P Whatever, sacrifices had to be made, so I just have to live with that knowledge and pursue my original goal, that is to enter the contest...

The contest requires participants to, well, simple enough, answer this question :

What abilities do you wish to have in order to become the winner in "The Hunger Games"?

Of course so many has already entered the contest, and reading the entries was fun. I also made an entry, but while other contestants stray to supernatural abilities for their answers, I decided to stay within the circle of the essence of the movie or the book, and depended on natural abilities. This is my answer entry :

*************
If I'm living in Panem, and if I were to participate in The Hunger Games, I would like to have the abilities like Peeta, and that is to be good in baking, painting, speaking, camouflage and have brute strength. Of course, the crucial ones are speaking, camouflage and brute strength, but being able to bake and paint well is a bonus I can't ignore.. Imagine this.......

Yazid walked silently through the meadow, realizing there would be attacks at any time as being there in the middle of an open space, just to think, might as well put his head on the chopping block. All doubts shattered as a tribute from District 3 appeared from behind a tree.. Startled as Yazid glanced at the knife on the tribute’s right hand, but not panicking, he quickly plotted something in his mind, and with his secretly gathered intel of the tribute, Yazid came up with a plan in a breeze. Not knowing the tribute’s name is not a problem for Yazid. “I know you. You are from District 3, right?” The tribute seemed hesitant in replying to Yazid’s question. “Maybe. How should you know?” He said while his eyes gazed at the bread in a plastic bag, hanging on Yazid’s waist. “I know some stuff.” Yazid replied as he approached the tribute, and swiftly handed over the bread. “You want?” Despite being a bit skeptical, the tribute grabbed the bread and messily unwrapped it with his dirty fingers, and dug into the bread like it was caviar. “Whoa, slow down there tiger! You don’t want to lose the game by being killed by a bread, do you?” Yazid smiled as he watched the tribute ate the bread, knowing that the fish has taken the bait. 5 minutes later, Yazid walked away safely from the tribute, as he fell asleep right next to a bread that has been baked with an extra ingredient : sleeping spore…..

*************
Yes, I know I suck in novel-ish writing, but that is all I can do after squeezing my brain to the max. :P

Oh, I forgot! The prizes are quite exclusive :

Prizes:

1 x Grand Prize:

1 x Limited Edition Sweater
2 x Limited Edition T-shirt
1 x Limited Edition Cap
1 x Limited Edition Triangle Bag
1 x Limited Edition Button Badges Set
1 x Limited Edition Lanyard
1 x The Hunger Games Twin Pack Box set
4 x Movie Special Screening Passes (21 March, Wed, 9.30pm @ Cathay Cineplex e@Curve)

1 x Special Prize:
2 x Limited Edition T-shirt
1 x Limited Edition Cap
1 x Limited Edition Triangle Bag
1 x Limited Edition Button Badges Set
1 x Limited Edition Lanyard
1 x The Hunger Games Twin Pack Box set
4 x Movie Special Screening Passes (21 March, Wed, 9.30pm @ Cathay Cineplex e@Curve)

3 x Consolation Prize:
2 x Limited Edition T-shirt
1 x Limited Edition Cap
1 x Limited Edition Triangle Bag
1 x Limited Edition Button Badges Set
1 x Limited Edition Lanyard
4 x Movie Special Screening Passes (21 March, Wed, 9.30pm @ Cathay Cineplex e@Curve)

PS : I already won this contest! See it in Plain Cool! - I Won (The Hunger Games Contest)!

Chow!!
.
.

0 comments:

My Followers

Jom Share2 Blog Kat Sini!!