Terbaru Dari Betol-betol Hangat!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Plain 'Technofied' - A New Wave...

>1 April 2011 - 10.28 pm

Starting today, me and my colleagues have a new toy to play with each morning and evening. It's a new gadget for recording the time we come to work and the time we left the office. I remember since the first day I worked here, we've been using punch card machines to record our attendance. In case you don't know what a punch card machine is, this is a picture of it.


The idea is to use that white thingy to print the time at the yellow card, so that they can detect the times we get in and out. It's not that hi-tech, but it's dependable and easy to use.



But starting today, we have this :


It's a finger-scan machine called FingerTec! I know, I know, it's not that GRAND thing, but we are kinda excited to use it as it seems a bit futuristic. Remeber in those high-tech sci-fic movies, where they use a scanner to scan their fingers, thumbs, palm, cornea, teeth etc? I feel hi-tech already! We need to place our point-finger on that green light, and it will recognize our data and record it in the system. It's high-tech alright, but I don't think it's dependable, as the networking system in our work place seems a bit shaky nowadays. Not to mention that during our scan-in (replacement for punch-in, I guess) session today, a few people can't get their data recorded. The gadget can't seem to recognize their fingers..

So to counter that problem, me and my friends at the office decided to play it safe; we scan, then we punch.

Whatever it is, we'll just go with the flow and see how far can this gadget takes us into the future..

Chow!

0 comments:

My Followers

Jom Share2 Blog Kat Sini!!