Terbaru Dari Betol-betol Hangat!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Plain Moron - Racist Chick-Fil-A

14 Disember 2011 - 9.57 am

English Day, so it's time for another English entry. :)

This is a story about racism!! :P


An Orange County, CA Chick-Fil-A rang up two Asian customers. In case you don't already know, Chick-Fil-A is a fast food restaurant in The US. Two Asian customers went to one of their franchises to have, well, a meal. Not knowing their names, the cashier, Lia, decided to come up with her own.

She named one Ching and the other Chong.

The Asian men are students at UC Irvine and took the trip with their RA to Chick Fil-A. It is uncertain if Lia got the boot but the RA sent this note to a blogging buddy:

" I went to talk to the manager, and I told him that this cannot happen ever again. I chose to be calm about it, but I was ready to go off. I made it known that it wasn't okay, and that I didn't appreciate it whatsoever. I think I indirectly fired Lia."

The post by the blogger, lolwhut, or Kelvin, spread through the internet with many calling out the fast food chain as racist. However, Kelvin followed up with a post, stating that this may be just an individual mistake.

"I realize Chik-Fil-A hasn't exactly had the best track record when it comes to issues of social justice, but I don't think the horrible mistake on the part of one individual is reason enough to launch a witch hunt. There's no way the person who hired this woman would have been able to know she'd do something so stupid."

Actually when  we talk about services from cashiers of famous fast-food restaurants, I'm pretty sure almost all of us must had somewhat unpleasant experiences. Guess we just have to live with that. :P

Chow!
.
.

0 comments:

My Followers

Jom Share2 Blog Kat Sini!!